Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Sim Lim Sq shop insults and humiliates me"

STOMPer Vincent says that he was humiliated when a salesman refused to sell him batteries simply because he checked the prices offered in other stores before coming back to the first shop.

As he was shocked by the high price quoted by the first shop, Vincent decided to look around the shopping centre to see if he could find a shop that could sell the batteries for a lower price.

When he realised that other stores offered the batteries at the same price, he decided to return to the first shop where he was offered a special discounted rate previously.

Not only did the salesman refuse to sell him anything, he also told Vincent to continue looking around the shopping complex for lower prices.

He says:

“I went to Compact Electronics at Sim Lim Square on June 11 around 7 pm to shop for a set of rechargeable batteries and it turned out to be a downright insulting and humiliating experience.

“I was approached by one of the staff (see circled) and I told him I was looking for Sanyo Rechargeable Batteries. He showed me the batteries and told me that it costs $12 for a pack of two.

“I recalled a pack of four costs $16 two years ago, I told him I need to consider. As I was walking away, he said $5. I approached him to clarify but he told me to shop around on the price.

“I checked out six shops with prices from $24 - $32 for a pack of four.

“I went back to him but he showed me attitude and asked me to go shop around again and said arrogantly, ‘I won’t sell’.

“I was totally shocked by his response and left the shop. I never felt so humiliated in my life. Such unforgiving attitude not only provokes, it is downright humiliating.

“Fortunately, my foreign friends were not with me then. Otherwise, such terrible behavior would have permanently damaged the ‘shopping paradise’ image of Singapore.

“While I had bought the batteries from another shop, I felt compelled to highlight this humiliating experience and I hope that Sim Lim Square’s management, CASE and Singapore Tourism Board can take appropriate measures/actions against the shop.”

No comments:

Post a Comment